Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I feel the need to blog

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5

My fingers are just itching to type away at the keyboard! Even more than that, I am feeling the need to shout God's praises as I sit here typing. I am filled with so much love and awe for Him at this very moment that I have to share.

This may sound silly, but I have been reading The Bible for Dummies because I want to know about the history of the stories. Occasionally, ok, more than that, I am confused about the Old Testament, but to see the story unfold and to really focus on this history, is beyond words. The Bible, this GLORIOUS book, speaks to me so much. Every day that I sit down for reflection, no matter the page I turn to, His word relates to my needs and feelings at the time. Everyday I am humbled to know He knows me-so much more than I know myself. He reaches out to me even when I am not so sure myself. He is so deserving!

I thank Him daily for my family, my circumstances (for better and for worse because I know He has a plan for me, a plan that helps me become a better me), my job and my faith. I fall short every day, but He guides me back.

* * * *
Daniel is 8 months tomorrow, and I just can't believe it! He has recently learned to clap his hands (although sometimes it's with only one hand) and to play "peek-a-boo". He sits like a champ and loves to tear apart things, and can scoot like there's no tomorrow! He loves his loin and monkey and growls so fiercely at them! I see so much of Ryan in his temperment and anxiously await to see the little person he is so fastly becoming.

No comments: