Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh geez...

Wow..one of these days I won't let a month pass before I blog again. Fortunately, I can finally take a breath. October almost made me crazy with working, attempting to organize my home and take care of the boys.



Things have been good here. The boys are fastly growing (too fast sometimes). Jacob has another tooth and is trying oh so hard to sit on his own. He's been doing his "baby crunches" for awhile. Daniel is a ball of energy and sometimes it can be overwhelming, but we take it in stride. His tantrums have become more frequent and Ryan and I are learning how to deal with them (it involves lots of prayer and counting to 10 :) but I can't relish the good without the bad. I've noticed that my relationship with Ryan is slowly becoming more about us again. For awhile I was afraid I was never going to figure out how to balance my roles as wife and mommy, but I think I am beginning to get a better handle on things. I do still think we need a nice night away from home to rekindle some things, however. Any takers on babysitting? ;)



I did have one bad moment just the other day where I just wanted to lie down and cry and scream. It was on it's 100th day of rain (an exaggeration, but that is what it felt like) my house was a mess, I was sleep deprived and the children were incorrigible. I really and truly wanted to run away. But how can I run away from my life? I couldn't in the literal sense, but I could, just for a moment, spiritually. I closed my eyes and asked for strength, for renewal, for help. I managed to get to nap time and stole a moment for myself. It was then that I read a blog that touched a thought I had been having since the rain began and she wrote was I so wanted to hear. Seeing all this rain did remind me of the torrents of the rain Noah and his family endured and the promise God made to His people. No matter the day I am having I can turn to Him and all can be right again. I can call on Him, lean on Him, and know I am not alone even when it feels like the whole world is out to get me. And that is a comfort.



I'm going to end this with some pictures of the boys, a request and good news! There is a blog that I have taken to reading and I ask that you place in your thoughts and prayers this beautiful little boy and his family. http://http//www.mycharmingkids.net/



I think I found a church! I am going for the first time tomorrow!

No comments: