We have been such a busy household recently-with lots of changes. The biggest to occur is Daniel is now potty training! About two weeks ago as I was getting him ready for bed he looked up at me and said, 'Mommy, take off my diaper, I want to use the potty', and so we did and he did! Since then we've been in bog boy underwear and aside from a few accidents has done pretty well in keeping his pants dry. It's still a new learning process for all of us, and a lot of patience and extra time on my part (something that fails to get mentioned in potty training literature) with having to watch Jake and make sure we get Daniel on the potty in a timely manner, but oh so worth it. I do still have a lot an anxiety with Daniel going to the potty in public with Jake in tow, but I can't live my life in one hour increments all the time. We're all super proud of him and you can tell he's proud of himself too. He loves wearing his big boy underwear and making bubbles. Just as long as we don't have a repeat of placing hands in said bubbles (gag, I know)I'm all for whatever gets him excited to go. And as far as my opinion on potty training goes, it really is whenever they are ready. We've made going on the potty fun, and Daniel has watched and played with his potty and we've encouraged him but it's really all about their timing. Or, a threat made be me when I told him once he turned 3 I wasn't going to change his diaper anymore ;)
Jake is doing so well, too. He's trying to put more words together and is becoming quite the entertainer. He loves to spin around and around and his newest game is to stand on our bed and "fall down" onto the pillows. He is such a crack up.
And because I have fallen waaay behind, here is Day 16: What I want to do in the next 5 years. Go on a Honeymoon! R and I weren't able to when we got married because of new jobs and then 2 children later and I would love to spend some time with just him. We tend to lose the husband/wife aspect and live more in the mommy/daddy.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment