Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Frustration

I've realized today that I have serious problem forgiving and forgetting. The more I read and reflect on how God wants us to live our lives and become characteristically better, the more I see how I need to fine tune my life. The problem is, is it so hard for me to forgive and forget-and sometimes I'm not sure if I even want to. When the people you love have been wronged and walked on so many times, it really makes me rethink how much I want those particular people in Daniel's life. They are not characteristically the types of people I want Daniel to associate with. Some have tried to reach out and make contact, but I balk at the chance for them so see Daniel. Am I being too stubborn or do I legitimately have good reason? I have wrestled with this issue since the day he was born, and I want to do that best thing and the Christian thing, but I don't want to put my baby in a place where I'm not even comfortable being.
On a side note, Daniel has been so so fussy today and doesn't want to sleep and I am so worn out! I wish I knew how to make him more comfortable-other than toting him around for the rest of the night. It's all I can do to get a little comfort and quiet out of him.

No comments: