Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time for an update

The times are flying here in the Metz household! Daniel is 9 months now, and there is no stopping him! This boy will scoot, flip, and "caterpillar" his way around the entire house. There is no toy (or Momma's decorations) that is safe from his grip. Daniel is talking up a storm, on his way to having 6! teeth, and has grown so much out of his car seat that we have no choice but to buy the forward facing one. He is so much fun and has so much personality! I have a feeling he is going to be quite the handful once he is completely mobile!

Rach and I tried a new church this past Sunday. Destiny church is at Manchester and 270. I have to say that I was completely impressed. There are a few different pastors and I had the pleasure of hearing the sermon of Jim Stern. Never have I heard such a meaningful and devoted word of God made in such a way that was completely understandable and soo entertaining! I'm excited to go back :)

I'm nearing the end of my Fellowship and orientation in Labor and Delivery. I'm super nervous and excited to be out on my own. I pray and hope that these last few shifts will be so that I get more pushing experience with moms, and give me more comfort in my skills. I will start to work straight nights next week. It will be a transition, but I think for the better.

Not many of you know, but my grandma and grandpa have been having some troubles with their marriage. I'm not a fan of divorce, but I understand their reasons. I do worry about my grandma though. I worry for her fast life-altering decisions, and I worry that once she moves to Florida, I may never see/hear from her again. It almost feels as if she is replacing one family with another. I know that it's been hard to travel even the 2 hours to see her now, but I can't even imagine what it is going to be like to travel 16 hours. I pray that she ultimately makes the right decision for her, and sees everything for what it truly is.

Ryan and I are working hard to try and establish a budget that will allow us to become mostly debt free next year. It is our goal to have me become part time by next summer. It's nice to both share a common goal with each other-even if it is super hard!

No comments: