Sunday, June 14, 2009

Has it really been since October?

I guess it has...So so much has happened that it would take months to write everything-especially with 2 children now! Yup, since I last wrote, we have added Jacob Ryan Metz to the family. He was born May 25th, 2009 at 12:27 p.m. He weighed 7 lb. 3 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. A far cry from what Daniel was 17 months ago! Daniel paved the way and Jacob announced his arrival to the world with a frenzy! Dr. Gould didn't have time to put gloves on to catch him he wanted out so fast! He did wonderful, we're doing wonderful and Daniel is doing just as I had imagined. He understands there is a baby and as long as he has mommy and daddy time, he is ok with Jake being here. We've shuffled our lives a little bit, but Jacob is such a welcomed addition!




Daniel is growing up so much. It amazes me just how much he looks like a toddler now. And he talks, and talks, and talks! The words that come out of this kid's mouth are unbelievable! He is our joy, our entertainment.




I have to honestly say (and I cannot believe I am saying this) I miss work, a little. Since having Jacob, I remember how exciting it is to have a baby and it's neat to be a part of that in another person's life. I don't miss the chaos, but I miss feeling accomplished with a good delivery, a happy family.

2 comments:

Baker Blog said...

I was just thinking the same thing about work...and I have only been off for 2 1/2 weeks!

Brenna said...

Congratulations on little Jacob!! I'm so happy for your little family and I'm very excited that I found your blog!