Friday, November 6, 2009
Baby Blessings
I took care of my first patient that I knew Wednesday night. I was a little nervous at first, I really didn't want anything to go wrong in her labor. Luckily, the only problems we encountered involved a very stubborn baby that took forever getting down the birth canal,I broke her water with my hand, and then said amniotic fluid ran down my arm. And even though I was a little more vested in this delivery (not that I don't give 100% of myself in every labor/delivery)I found myself very easily moving into the role of a Labor and Delivery RN. She had another girl that I really did want to deliver, but like all babies, they come on their own time and she didn't deliver till I was gone. I tried to stay after, but sleep was quickly winning over. The baby is precious and healthy and Momma is doing good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment