Next Sunday we will be adding to our family. Ryan and I have carefully thought this decision over and over and have decided to get puppies. They are adorable Bull Mastiff mixes. Ryan absolutely loves large dogs and has been not so subtly hinting that he has wanted another since we said farewell to our last. After careful research and prayer on my part, I feel like I am at a place where I can take on another being in our household. We saw them this past week and it was so heart warming to see Daniel with the puppies. He was so gentle with them! We actually picked out one of the ones he was holding. That one will be Hutch. He is caramel colored with a dark muzzle. I chose a truffle colored one and will be naming him Zeus. (And, no, I am not hungry, they just really remind me of those desserts :) I am excited to begin this new adventure as a family. It'll almost be like having another baby in the family!
In other news, we went out to eat this evening and poor Daniel started throwing up right at the dinner table. I think he was drinking his milk waaay to fast and it caught up with him. Ryan is one lucky man that I was there with him and could take care of Daniel. He is not one to deal with puke, or poop. He gagged, I cleaned and then we got outta dodge (leaving a "we're so sorry you have this puke mess to clean up" tip) because the smell was horrendous! Daniel definitely rode home in his diaper and some blankets covering him. He was all smiles as soon was he was done and thoroughly enjoyed his shower once we got home.
And more to round out the night. Ryan put Mr. Jake to bed this evening and then came back downstairs. Daniel and I were watching Chicka Chicka Boom Boom on youtube for the millionth time when I noticed Jake was crying. An unsual cry. A "I am distressed, please help me cry". I ran upstairs thinking he had his foot caught in the crib and I nearly had a heart attack when I saw his head was under his blanket and he couldn't get out from under!I just held my little baby and comforted him and thanked God I could hear him. He is sleeping peacefully now sans blanket. Thank you Lord for helping me hear his cry and protecting his until I got to his room.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment