Friday, December 4, 2009

December already?

I am still in shock. 2009 is coming to a close and it is so very hard to wrap my mind around it. In fact, these past 2 years have just gone by in a blaze. In 2 years, I have graduated college, started my career, gotten married and become the mother of 2 very special boys. It is my New Years resolution (1 month early) to enjoy and relax in 2010. To watch my boys grow into curious toddlers, to continue to grow in my marriage, to find some "me" time and continue to make my house a home. I am ready to see what awaits this little family in 2010.

In other happenings, I have thought heavily of the Seattle, Washington police officers that were brutally killed last week. I'm not sure why this particular story is weighing so heavily on my mind, but I cannot seem to shake these thoughts away. I am so proud of my husband and the decision he made to become a police officer 2.5 years ago, but it's times like these that make me so nervous. I think what is truly fueling my worries is one particular individuals comment concerning the gunman in Seattle are his applaud at the gunman's efforts-and the 42 pages of comments agreeing with the aforementioned comment. It makes me literally sick to my stomach to even fathom that many people with a vendetta against our protective services.
And even more heart wrenching than that was the comment made by a longtime friend of Ryan's that stated he wishes "crackheads" would kill State Troopers and police should die because one gave him a rightfully earned speeding ticket!
So, I end with this. Thank you, thank you, thank you all who made the decision to risk their lives to protect ours. Thank you all protective services. Thank you to my husband, my brother and my brother in law for doing what is honorable and right when so many, many people do not.

No comments: