Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy 2 years of life, Daniel!





Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalms 127:3-5

It started at 5:45 p.m. on December 21st, 2007 (technically 38 weeks ago, but only Ryan and I need to know those details ;) when I got up from the couch with my empty bowl of cereal (in hindsight, should of ate more) and felt a pop, a pause, and then a gush. Ready or not, I was truly in labor and my first born was ready to come. Ryan and I quickly called our respective moms, changed and left with our belongings. Of course there was still the remains of rush hour traffic so we detoured a bit. Only I didn't realize Ryan would detour quite so much and stop for a candy bar while, with every bump in the road, I gushed fluid onto myself. He was kidding and it makes for a great story now, but I was not happy then! We get to the hospital and noone is there to meet us! Apparently a lot of other women's children decided it was a good time to be born too as there were no clean rooms and the secretary was out. Luckily, it was change of shift (only a RN can really plan to have a baby when it's another RN's change of shift!) and a labor nurse saw my soaked pants and put me into a semi-clean room to change. (My own little version of the Christmas story :) Soon to be grandma and grandpa arrived, "aunt" Rach, and later, grandma Chris to celebrate Daniel's birth.

11 hours later, I began pushing. 1 hour later,at 6:23 AM on December 22, 2007, my son, my beautiful, baby boy was born-with APGARS of 3 and 8. (Apparently, he stunned himself at the very end and didn't want to breathe or move. The monkey. 1 hour later, I FINALLY got to hold my baby and have not let go since.) We named you Daniel Robert after your grandfather, Robert. You share names and a great friendship.

Today we not only celebrate your birth, baby boy, but the beginning of our family that God so greatly blessed us with. You are a bright light in our lives. A boy to the very core you love to run and wrestle and tumble around, but a momma's man all the same. You love cookies and chips and to dance. You are a creature of habit, and hate being thrown off. You love openly and fiercely and give kisses and hugs without abandon. You are a big brother and first grandson and play those titles very well. You belong to our hearts and we love you very much. Happy 2 years Daniel ♥

No comments: