Saturday, March 13, 2010
Oh my gosh.
I was driving home from work this morning and noticed right before the Page extension entrance to 270 a Maryland Heights PD cruiser was driving pretty fast to get onto 270. It struck me as really odd and since I have a certain obsession with my Maryland Heights PD I paid some more attention to where it was going. As I got closer to the exit for Dorsett I noticed the cruiser and the car it was attempting to get to. This white SUV was driving erratically in the far left lane and hit the median about 3 times balancing on 2 wheels before it finally settled in the lane. I was absolutely speechless watching this all unfold before my eyes. It was like it was happening in slow motion. I could see the sparks jetting from between the car and the median and I was absolutely sure it was going to flip it was hitting the median so hard and so fast. As I exited 270 I glanced up to see if the driver was ok and it appeared that he was sitting still but the driver's side window looked pretty banged up. I contemplated stopping but there wasn't any way I was going to be able to get across traffic and another cruiser was turning around to head the opposite way on 270. I can still see the images in my mind as I write this. I wish I knew what was the precursor to all of this. A blown tire? Drinking and driving? An accident? I tried finding R's radio to listen when I got home but my men were up and I realized I would much rather spend a few moments talking and hugging them then listening in on such a bizarre event. Thank you God for watching over my vehicle and leading the events up to my departure from work in such a way that I left when I did. It was incredibly bizarre and I hope that I never have to witness such an event again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment