Friday, May 21, 2010

A day in the life...

7:30 I awaken to the sounds of Daniel and Jake in their cribs. Daniel is typically screaming to get out and Jake is talking to himself

8:00-9:00 We are dressed and feed. Handy Manny and Imagination Movers are playing in the background. This gives me a chance to open my eyes, check email and eat as well.

9:00-10:00 Attempting to entertain 2 rambunctious boys. We play, we read, we color, we cry for snacks, we beg to go outside and to the park. Jake goes down for a mini nap around 10:00. Continue to ask for food and park from Daniel. I attempt to straighten up the house and throw in a load of laundry.

11:00-11:45 Jake is up and to the park we go. We swing (a lot) and slide. Daniel attempts to run into the street and usually by that time, park time is over.

12:00-12:30 Lunch. Nap time is almost here!

12:45-1:30 or 2:00 Sanctuary! Attempt to clean myself up, the house or just spend some time in quiet. If it is a work day, I nap as well.

2:00-4:30 See 9:00-10:00 I wonder how much longer I can entertain children. Still attempting to clean up the house

5:00-6:00 The bewitching hour. Kids are hungry and starting to get tired. Trying to make dinner. One of these days I'll figure out how to make a bunch of meals beforehand :)

6:30-7:00 Bath time! Kiddos splash around-incidentally, I get a bath too :). Naked run around time then pjs on for a little chill time.

7:30-8:00 Jake in bed. Book read. Daniel in bed. Book read and books in bed with him. A busy day, but worth every minute.

There are of course variations depending on the day of the week, but overall that is my day. It seems longer putting it in writing. I'll miss it all when they start going back to school.

In other news, I tried Jake in the back carrier design of my Ergo and it was a success! Typically we do side carry. I did feel a little like a momma with a monkey on my back but his weight was evenly spread out and my hands were free! Best purchase I ever made! Oh, and the 3 dollar washer/dryer Fisher Price toy I found at a yard sale Saturday. Daniel loves doing his "chaundry".
We all tried out a "new" restaurant yesterday. It was from Diners, Drive ins and Dives. Apparently, there are other locations but we tried the most authentic...right in the city. Sweetie Pies is some southern home cooking. Good, awkward, but good.

No comments: