Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finally I am doing it

I wouldn't say I am necessarily disgusted by what I see in the mirror, but when my clothes and wedding bands are starting to get a little tight-especially my scrubs for work!-it's time I do something about it. And, to hold myself more accountable, I am putting my weight loss goals on my blog. I rejoined sparkpeople.com to track my calories and work out. My goal as of now is to lose 15 lbs by mid July (which totals to about 2 lbs/week).

To jump start, R and I have decided to make June a no eat out month; not only for our budget, but for our bodies as well. Honestly, I am a little excited to see if we can do it. I also am making my trips to Target a few less but that is another post entirely. I also realized way back when almost 7 years ago!) in addition to playing tennis 5-6 days/week in highschool I walked 2 miles. The joys of living less than a mile from the school. Realistically, I know I will not be playing tennis, but I can initiate my work out by walking 2 miles/day. Once in the am and then in the pm. I realize working nights might make this a little more difficult, but something I can tweak later. Maybe I will just have to work doubly as hard at work ;)

So, there is it in plain type. I've started my goal to lose and I really hope I stick with it!


****Had to add this somwhere cuz it was too darn cute. Daniel wanted to go on the "alligator" yesterday and we couldn't figure out what he wanted. Then we walked past the elevator and he said it again. He calls the elevator the alligator. So cute!****

No comments: