Thursday, June 10, 2010

Weight update

As of last week (I haven't weighed myself today as of yet) I have lost 3 lbs. I admit I've been a little more lax this week (maybe why I have not weighed myself) but I am joyful that it is possible for me to drop my gut :)

While listening to the radio the other day, a question was posed as to what we mean when we say we "can't" do something. In reality when we say we "can't" do something it really means we "won't". As in, we "won't" atleast attempt to see if we can. Or, we save it for another day or don't have the patience to wait for the result, so why do it? I find myself stuck a lot in the "won't" rut. Given the right resources and time (all of which I know I can find) I can do a lot of what I say I can't. It's all about mentality and support.

Given the fact that I am trying to lose weight, that conversation stuck with me. I have one bad week and then think I "can't" lose weight, but I really "won't" attempt. It's a war between myself and food, and I really want to win! So, this is my new mantra; something that will keep me motivated. I no longer "won't" do something about my weight, because I know I "can".

No comments: