Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh the things that make me laugh :)

This morning through sleep filled eyes (much like every other morning) I wake up when Daniel decides he's done sleeping for the night. This cry was a little different and when I went into his room he had managed to roll over onto his belly and didn't know how to get back over! He looked so sad! I couldn't help but laugh though; especially since he does in fact know how to roll from tummy to back. I guess he was still a little sleepy too. That kid makes my days so much better, I tell ya.

Speaking more of my kiddo; I have finally decided the next tattoo (and the last I promise!) that I am going to get. It's going on my foot and I will probably get it by the end of the month-before I start at St. John's Woo! I'm excited. It's gonna hurt, but I am still excited.

Speaking of St. John's, Val (an old coworker of mine) decided to come back to St. Mary's PRN, and she and I were talking about working on L&D. A lot of what she was saying I had an idea of, but I am glad she mentioned day RN's are more clique like and leery of new RN's on the floor. I knew this, but this just cemented in me that I have to make sure and squeeze in the fact I worked as an RN on a Med-Surg type floor for a year. I need street cred, but I also must remember of a passage that I am beginning to call more on:


"When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose
word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.." Psalm
56:3-4



I am excited and scared at the thought of this new chapter, but cannot wait to begin!

My first Mother's Day has come and gone Unfortunately Ryan did have to work and I woke up to the makings of a cold, so it was spoiled a little, but it was still wonderful to spend the day with my son. I cannot wait to have more Mother's Days with my husband and son. I am so many things to so many people, but on that day, I get to celebrate being a mom to Daniel. I am getting a new camera from Ryan and Daniel and it will arrive soon! I am excited because I have not been able to take as many pictures of Daniel as I would like. Having said that, we did finally get professional portraits done of him and they turned out beautifully! I prayed Daniel would handle them OK, and he was the portrait of perfect (HAHA).




No comments: