Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sigh, Daniel is growing up soo fast :( Just this past week I noticed his first tooth has popped through. It now explains why he was getting up again in the middle of the night and screaming. My poor man. At the same time, it is exciting to see him change before our eyes and grow into the little person he is becoming. This child is soo laid back and happy-unless it's feeding time. I pray that he is this calm and happy and joyful when he gets older. Not just because it would be easier on me, but because life would be easier on him. his new and latest trick is to do "baby crunches". So fun to watch! Even more fun to watch, Daniel and Daddy together. It warms my heart to see them interact. Ryan is a bit more shy and reserved with his time with Daniel, but when they are together, I can only stop and smile. :)


Next Monday I start at St. John's and I am getting a little nervous. Mainly for the fact that the books I ordered (that I have to read before Monday) have not arrived yet. Who knew that they wouldn't be in stock? I surely did not. Poop. It's a good thing I have been through the laboring process before; I like to think that'll give me a head up :)
This past Sunday in my New Foundations class we talked about God. Rather, we talked about finding him in the Bible and trying to sum up His glory in 1 hour. Yeah, that was a feat and you know it wasn't going to happen, but what we did discuss really shed more light on having a close and personal relationship with Him. Afterwards, before service started, Chis and I shared some ideas about why people have trouble and are hesitant to find Him. Did you know that 96% of Americans believe their is ONE GOD? I really thought it was much lower. The class made me reflect on my decision to finally accept Jesus and reflect on what had been holding me back. If more people knew that God is not a tyrant and only wants to be accepted into our lives and will do so with open arms, I think that more people would practice what they believe. But enough of my soapbox :) Also that day, I met Chris's wife and her littlest man, Ryan. who is only 3 days older than Daniel. Granted, she has 2 more boys, it was still nice to talk with someone who completely understands this part of my life. Every Sunday I am getting more comfortable with opening up, and it is making it even more enjoyable to be there and welcomed :)


No comments: