This was the first week of RN orientation to the perinatal fellowship. Wow. I have never felt so overwhelmed and excited and nervous! Each day that I was in class made me realize the seriousness of my job. As much as I would love to have normal, healthy deliveries and normal, healthy babies, that may not always be so. I am feeling a humongous responsibility and praying that I can do this. There is one particular teacher that I am having qualms about, but I pray that God gives me the patience and desire to work even harder to not so much gain this person's approval, but prove to myself that I was destined to do this. And if in the process she sees that I am very much a right fit and know my stuff, then even better :)
Ok, so now that I have had time to finish this blog, the above still pertains, but I have actually been on the floor now. I met my preceptor and she is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! God couldn't have paired me with a better person. She is so knowledgeable and sweet and I think she'll watch out for me. This past Saturday I saw a normal, healthy delivery and got down and dirty in there. I have seen quite a few deliveries, but this was the first time that I was assisting the mom and standing near the doctor. So beautiful. They were the cutest couple :)
We found out earlier that Daniel is allergic to cats, dogs, egg whites and peanuts :( It is nice to know, but it's upsetting to know he's allergic to egg whites and peanuts. I pray he grows out of it, and if not, then I am granted the knowledge of how to help him with his food allergies. It is still frustrating that his face breaks out. It looks really uncomfortable and I feel that I am failing his as a mommy :( I need to pray on this more...


No comments:
Post a Comment