Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happenings

Another month has flown by-especially since I've been back to work for almost 3 weeks. I'm adjusting better, but it feels like a lot of hours are wasted just trying to get back some of the sleep I loose from working nights. And trying to actually get to sleep hence the 3 am blog.

Jacob is growing so fast! He is hitting milestones at record speed and starting to show more of his personality. Ryan and I must breed serious babes though, because he sure is shy about dolling out those smiles. But, it does make for some heart warming moments when he does give them out. He can lift his chest off the ground and roll over. He still enjoys his swing and watching that mobile go round and round. It amazes me still to see a baby look so much like me. I feel like he and I have a special connection because of that. Ever since he was in the womb, I knew he was my Jacob and knew he would come out in a blaze of glory and be a spitting image of me. He is a beautiful example of God's work.

Mr. Danman is a bubbly burst of energy and high spirits as usual. Ryan and I love watching him discover and seeing his personality deepen even more. Daniel is quick to give out all of himself but he must have his "Daniel time" as well. He is such an observant and thoughtful little boy. He can still have some moments when he does not want to share the spotlight with his brother, but overall is very caring towards Jacob. No longer does he shake the swing every time Jacob is in it! I was afraid it was never going to get through his head that doing that was a no! He is 19 months now and I think that this is my favorite stage to date. He can communicate so well and everything around him seems to be amazing.

Every day I watch my boys and imagine what they will become. And every night I pray over them and ask for healthy children, strength to raise them properly, for dutiful children to both God and Ryan and myself and sweet dreams. I know that before they were even a peice of my heart, they were destined and designed by Him. I pray that I can enrich my boys lives in such a way that they too know what they can become.










No comments: