This past week was my first back at work. It took me about an hour to get back into the swing of things, but then it was like putting on an old shoe-comfortable and smelly (you have to be a L&D nurse to know just how much of an obvious smell amniotic fluid has). Lucky for me my first mom was a recovery. I wonder if she chose the name Jack or Gus...Anyway, all in all it was a good weekend back and all of my patients were good. Especially my Chinese mom that came in a rim and delivered natural. She was a rock star!
As I was working, though, my thoughts were always on my children-and working mothers in general. I am dedicating this blog to all those full and part timers out there who live a full time life as a mommy and then go and share themselves with complete strangers. We live an exhausted, filled to the brim kind of life with commitments and chores and tolling out every little piece of ourselves to make a comfortable and fulfilled life for our children. We do not get much credit or grand gestures, but we do it just the same because we are strong and dedicated women. Cheers to you, ladies!


1 comment:
Girl...you are right about that amniotic fluid smell! I catch it as soon as I walk on the floor. Nice, huh?
Post a Comment